Liability Insurance for House Cleaners

Owning a small cleaning business can be a rewarding profession. You can set your own hours and you don’t have to answer to a boss. Like any business venture, however, there are liability risks that must be addressed with a comprehensive insurance plan.

What Type of Insurance Do House Cleaners Need?

Each situation is unique, but there are two essential types of liability insurance for a house cleaner. One plan protects you from client claims and the other covers you and your employees if you are injured on the job.

  1. General Liability Insurance – This package protects your workers if a third party is injured or their property is damaged. If a piece of furniture or an appliance is knocked over and breaks, general liability insurance will cover the cost of replacing the item. It also covers legal fees if a claim is filed. General liability also protects your worker if, for example, a client slips and falls on a wet floor during the project.
  2. Workers Compensation Coverage – It is critical to protect your workers from injury on the job. If an employee is hurt while working at the client’s home and can’t work for a while, workers compensation pays for their medical expenses and a portion of their salary.

Protect your investment and your cleaning staff with a comprehensive liability package.

Previous Article
Next Article